The Committee's Mission
The mission of the Bethany Baptist Church Scholarship Fund Committee is to provide financial aid to matriculating college students who are active in (or are active members of) the Bethany community of programs, with the intent of increasing their ability to complete their undergraduate program.
The duties of the Committee include:
- Developing and maintaining a current scholarship application
- Reviewing and selecting scholarship recipients who meet all criteria
- Distributing funds as approved by the Committee;
- Keeping a record of, and acknowledging, donors and gifts
- Recording donations to, and disbursement of scholarships from, the Fund
- Maintaining a record of assets of the Fund
- Keeping current on College, government and other practices relating to scholarships and their distribution
- Engaging in fellowship and interchange with other education-oriented ministries, clubs and concerns
Bethany Scholarship Eligibility
- All persons who have been active in, or have been active members of, the Bethany community of programs for a minimum of one year within the past 12 months are eligible to apply for scholarships. There are two types of scholarships available from Bethany Baptist Church: Book scholarships and Financial Aid scholarships.
- Active Bethany students entering their 1st year of college are eligible to apply for a Book Scholarship, which is intended to help defray the cost of books and materials in their first year. Active Bethany students entering their 2nd, 3rd, & 4th years of college are eligible to apply for a Financial Aid scholarship to help defray the cost of tuition during the normal academic year.
- Applications can be filled out and submitted on this site between January 1 and March 31 each year. Click here beginning Jan 1 to start your application.
- References are mandatory for applicants entering their 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th year of college. Referrers can submit by clicking this link between September 1 (i.e., the beginning of the new school year) and March 31 (application deadline) each year. References can also be emailed directly to , or mailed to the church office.
- NOTE: If you are active at Bethany and you are a college student with an emergency funding request for the current 2020-21 school year, please email us immediately with all details.
Scholarship and Financial Aid Information
- FAFSA application – Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, provides federally funded financial assistance for education beyond high school... but in order to become eligible, you MUST APPLY (and do so EARLY! Encourage your parents to do their taxes now! But remember – you can submit preliminary income numbers on the FAFSA until their taxes are complete!)
- UNCF scholarships – Did you know that you do not have to attend an HBCU to receive a UNCF scholarship? You’ll never get the chance if you don’t apply! Apply online today!
- Bethany scholarship application – The application window for the 2021-22 school year will open on January 1, 2021. Completed application packages are due by March 31 of each year. Late applications will not be considered.
Other Useful Links AND ACTIVITIES
- Virtual College tours - A short collection of virtual college campus tours, including a glimpse into the fabulous HBCUs!
- SuperSaturday @ Bethany - A new annual event that provides opportunities for students beginning in 8th grade through senior year of College to attend professional workshops to prepare them for College, Internships and/or Corporate America.
- Choosing a College - Useful wizard to help you find just the right college that fits your needs!
- Choosing a Career - Still trying to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life? Answer just a few questions at this link and get ideas for the right career for you.
RECENT EVENT REPLAYS
Scholarship Success Series:
If you have questions or need additional information, please email