Bethany Scholarship Committee
The mission of the Bethany Baptist Church Scholarship Fund Committee is to provide financial aid to matriculating college students, increasing their ability to complete their undergraduate program.
The duties of the Committee include:
- Developing and maintaining a current scholarship application
- Reviewing and selecting scholarship recipients who meet all criteria
- Distributing funds as approved by the Committee;
- Keeping a record of, and acknowledging, donors and gifts
- Recording donations to, and disbursement of scholarships from, the Fund
- Maintaining a record of assets of the Fund
- Keeping current on College, government and other practices relating to scholarships and their distribution
- Engaging in fellowship and interchange with other education-oriented ministries, clubs and concerns
Bethany Scholarship Eligibility
- All persons who are active in, or are active members of, the Bethany community of programs are eligible for scholarships. There are two types of scholarships available from Bethany Baptist Church: Book scholarships and Financial Aid scholarships
- Active Bethany students entering their 1st year of college are eligible to apply for a Book Scholarship, which is intended to help defray the cost of books and materials in their first year. Active Bethany students entering their 2nd, 3rd, & 4th years of college are eligible to apply for a Financial Aid scholarship to help defray the cost of tuition.
- Applications are available here on the website and in the Church office starting in January of each year and are due back to the Committee for consideration by March 31.
- Applicants who will be starting their Freshman year (ie, Book Scholarship applicants) should complete the "High School" application. Please note that references are not required – only the completed application form.
- Applicants entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of college should complete the "College" application. References ARE required for these applicants.
- NOTE: If you are active at Bethany and you are a college student with an emergency funding request for the current 2016-17 school year, please email us immediately with all details.
Scholarship and Financial Aid Information
- FAFSA application – Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, provides federally funded financial assistance for education beyond high school... but in order to become eligible, you MUST APPLY (and do so EARLY! Encourage your parents to do their taxes now! But remember – you can submit preliminary income numbers on the FAFSA until their taxes are complete!)
- UNCF scholarships – Did you know that you do not have to attend an HBCU to receive a UNCF scholarship? You’ll never get the chance if you don’t apply! Apply online today!
- Scholarships & Internships –Subscribe to our new site to search for scholarships and to be notified of new scholarships that are frequently shared with us via email for High School, College, Graduate school and Medical school. Information on internships is also available. Subscribe today!
- Bethany scholarship application – The application window for the 2017-18 school year is currently closed. Completed Bethany scholarship application packages are due by March 31 of each year. Late applications may not be considered. Applications for the 2018-19 school year will become available in January of 2018.
Other Useful Links
- Choosing a College - Useful wizard to help you find just the right college that fits your needs!
- Choosing a Career - Still trying to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life? Answer just a few questions at this link and get ideas for the right career for you.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email email@example.com